From: Tristan Van Berkom [mailto:vantr touchtunes com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 2:14 PM
To: Thomas Cameron
Cc: Maxim Koshelev; gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Continue flame about WEIRD gtk2 design.

Whatever the title of this e-mail;
I'm not here to flame...

My suggestion would be this.  If you are concerned about the way Trees

and Clists are handled, why not create a widget of your own?  You can
even use the source FROM the existing Clist and Tree functions, and
simply improve upon it.  Then, resubmit it to the developers for
inclusion in the project.  This to me would be the best solution to
your problem.  You could make use op doubly-linked lists, more logical

structures, and an optimised "selection" system.  This is especially
true if you need the ability to use LARGE lists of items (100,000 or
more).

Good luck!
Tom Cameron

I like to suggest that one every chance I get. I'm very
much impressed with the this C style aproach to Object
Oriented Programming and that if you havn't tried it you're missing out.

        But the main subject of this response is this question:
Is there a site/server or something where poeple can drop miscalainious
widgets GObject etc...

If so I would very much like to know where it is on order to
use it and contribute too it.

If not, maybe we could put something up on sf.net or something like
that. I'm sure alot of re-useable code gets wasted or just used one time
for the lack of a site like that.

Anyway, Just a speculation

Regards,
        -Tristan