Re: callbacks and locking

Hugo:

I should say that I'm quite confident that this is not an locking issue. All
calls to gtk-stuff from other threads are surrounded with
gdk_threads_enter/leave. However maybe I should consider redesigning the whole
thing and have a dedicated thread that just receives messages from thread that
wants to update gui. However, it adds complexity and removes convenience, so I
rather get my current way to work.

I tried this same thing recently, and for the same reasons.  I eventually had one problem I could not quite
figure out (albeit I have a few things left to try).  My problem was that my app was not processing all of
the expose events to draw and redraw widgets properly.  If you get your app to work, let us know how.  It
would prevent me from having to move all of my gtk calls to the main thread . . . Thanks.

Neil Hodge