Re: A warning: wat is it?

Gnome-CRITICAL **: file gnome-program.c: line 869
(gnome_program_locate_file): assertion `program != NULL' failed

I get this error a couple of times. what does it mean? and what causes
it. And how can i fix it? google didnt help me out.

It means:

-gnome_program_locate_file is a function
(probably a method to an object called `gnome_program')

-in the function gnome_program_locate_file there is an
assertion :
        g_return_if_fail(program != NULL);
(probably gnome_return_if_fail or something like
because g_return_if_fail outputs: "G-CRITICAL **:")

-I'm assuming that `program' is the object argument
to the function and the function is getting called
on a NULL object

if gnome_program_locate_file is in a static scope or
if you dont call it directly you'll just have to find out
which function calls it with NULL argument.

        -
Tristan