Re: "Drag box" widget

Fabio Rotondo <mlists rotondo it> wrote:

I am going to write a new app that needs a special widget I am not
able to find (or too blind to see) in standard GTK2 apps.
What I need is something being able to get mouse button events and
being "draggable" around the area it is contained.
Something like the icons you can drag and drop around your desktop.

take a look at gtk_fixed. you could use this to embed your dragable
widgets. capture the mouse-button-press event to start draging, button
releas to stop draging and the mouse motion event to get the koordinates
for draging. should work for all possible widgets.

best regards ...
clemens