Re: Message abreviation in GtkStatusbar

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:20:47PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

mrl netbank com br writes:

I was wondering if is there a way to set a long text in a statusbar
and it doesn't resize, even if it's needed.

In GTK 2 the statusbar will never resize to fit the text inside it. So
using GTK 2 is one option.

The other thing you can do is just poke into the statusbar internals
and set the usize width on the label to 0:

  gtk_widget_set_usize (statusbar->label, 0, -1);
---end quoted text---

Since I'm using gtk 1.2, I tryied only the second one and it just worked fine.
I didn't find this function becose it's not filled at the API Documentation, it's just there, without any
text..

Thanks for helping,
--
Marcelo R Leitner <mrl netbank com br>