Re: No text after GTK2.2 upgrade

Thanks for the quick reply.

fc-list shows a goatload of fonts.

But from your hints I figured some things out:

I had set GDK_USE_XFT for antialiased fonts, but when I doublechecked
the ./configure for pango, I saw that it hadn't compiled the Xft backend
this time, where it had in the past.  The problem was that when I
installed fcpackage2, I installed it under /usr/local, but pkg-config
didn't know about /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.  Changing PKG_CONFIG_PATH
fixed that.

Next, It wasn't able to compile.  That was because I had upgraded to
Freetype 2.1.3, and apparently pango doesn't like it.  Downgrading to
2.0.9 enabled me to compile pango 1.2.

After this, running any GTK+2 app would error out with something like
"Could not load font file for Nimbus Sans L", which is not specified in
any .gtkrc or within those applications.  Recompiling gtk2.2 fixed that
problem.

Now I can run those applications, but there seem to be a number of bugs
in gtktreeview that I think will make me have to roll back to 2.0.x.  I
will track them down and post them on bugzilla with a testcase when I
get a chance.

Thanks again foir your help

Erik