Re: GtkTreeView

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 04:53:25PM +0200, Semion Chichelnitsky wrote:

I am building RTL application and would like to use GtkTreeView and
GtkTextView. Can I create tree, wich expanded from rigt to left? Can I
write right-aligned text into the TextView with WRAP_NONE mode?

Your application should require no special handling of RTL mode.  If
the user is running in a RTL locale, such as hebrew, then GTK widgets
should automatically flip.

In GTK 2.0 not all widgets support it, e.g. GtkTreeView doesn't. But
GtkTextView should just be working for you automatically - have you
tried running in an RTL locale?

GTK 2.2 fixes a lot of the widgets that didn't work before, I don't
know if GtkTreeView is fixed yet. It should not be hard to fix,
really, if you wanted to code up a patch we could integrate it.

In any case, you should simply be using the GTK API normally, if
you're special-casing RTL then you're doing something wrong.

Havoc