Re: problem with drawing 32bit image to 16bit screen (works with 32/24 bit screen)

Hi,

I have made a XImage dump to a file and compared both the output from the 32bit and 16bit systems. Well, it seems like the capture card library is not doing the things I want it to do. In the 16bit system, the bitmap seems to in 16 bpp while the 32bit system gives me a 32bpp bitmap (I already called a function to change the output bitmap to 32bit regardless of what depth the system has).

There has been some work that use native X windows calls (non-gtk app, but openmotif app) and it works seamlessly in both systems. Should I do that, and if so how? The prototype for XPutImage is:

XPutImage (Display *display, Drawable drawable, GC gc, XImage *image_buf, src_x, src_y, dest_x, dest_y, width, height)

if not, should I get a gray scale (not packed 8bit per pixel) and convert them on the fly to packed 8 bpp and use gdk_draw_gray_image()? (this looks slow to me because I need to display live video stream).

Regards,
Patrick