Re: how to make a grayed out text entry?

On 16 Sep 2001, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

mcmahill mtl mit edu writes:

one more question.  Is there a way to make a text entry become grayed out
when its disabled?  Ie, when I make it not editable, it still looks like
it is.  I'm wanting something like the filename selection in the netscape
"print" dialog box where you still see a file name when you've checked the
print to printer radio box.

gtk_widget_set_sensitive (widget, FALSE);

Is there a way to prevent this from generating a "clicked" event when I
apply this to a Button?  Ie, when I do something which should enable a
button, I tried

gtk_widget_set_sensitive(my_button,TRUE)

and it triggers the "clicked" callback.

Thanks
-Dan