Re: Waiting for a Signal

On Sun, 2001-08-26 at 04:57, Jonathan Doh wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to "wait until a signal is emitted" within a function?

Yes there is, though you'd be waiting for the termination of a
gtk_main...

I have a modal dialog, which I need to wait to get a user's selection from
before returning from a function, and am wondering how to do this...

In other words, how could I do something like this:

int function()
{
    pop_up_some_modal_dialog_box(); // this is easy to code

    // wait until the user presses 'ok', or 'cancel', or the close box

    return what_the_user_chose(); // this is easy to code
}

I've attached a program that does more or less that. The "wait" call is
a call to gtk_main(), that starts a second event loop. The return is a
gtk_quit() that stops that event loop and returns from the gtk_main()
call.

        /mailund

--
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!