Memory allocation

Hi all,

    I have one doubt. I want to know when we do a gtk_...._new(), to
create a new widget or window, whether memory is allocated or not? If
memory is allocated at that time, when it will be deleted? I have a
window with some widgets in it. I want to delete all the allocated
memory when the window is closed(suppose I am using a function called
"close_my_window" as the callback for close button widget in the
window). Can any body help me on this subject.

Thanking you in advance
Deekshit M