Saving pixmap

Hi ppl

I have written a simulator using GTK+ which works fine
(both in Windows and UNIX, which is a great aspect of
GTK).

But I have runned into a problem - I am drawing the simulator
output to a pixmap which in turn is drawed to a drawingarea.
I want to implement a snapshot function which should save
the GdkPixmap to a file (XPM or PPM), how do I do this as simple
as possible (not using imlib). (keep in mind that i want this
function to work in Win32 as well).

It must be someone more than me who wants to do this but I cant
find any useful information on the web.

Johan Carlsson