Re: timeouts no longer work

--- learfox furry ao net wrote:
I was using timeout functions  in my program eXtace and when I upgraded to
Mandrake 8.0 (also tested with redhat 7.1) and the timeouts no longer work
properly..

the code is:
display_id = gtk_timeout_add((int)((1/(float)refresh_rate)*1000.0),
(GtkFunction)draw, NULL);

From my debugging code, "draw()" function runs only once and then never
again..

It works on mandrake 7.2 (and older) and redhat 7.0 (and older).  It seems
be tied to something with the newer GTK/gdk/glib and the new kernels/libc.
Has
anyone else experienced this??

Is your draw function returning TRUE?

It is now, and it works now.  Worked fine before as a void function up until
the newer release used in the newer distributions.  (guess I was depending on a
bug...)

The other problem I still have is a memory leak in gdk_imlib routines
gdb 5.0 says my program crashes in _gdk_imlib_flush_image() but doesn't give me
more information.
My color picker section of my code is all scrambled currently and seems like an
overflow error.  The Red/green/blue values are 8 bit in my code (0-255) and
they also worked in older distribs (redhat 7.0 and mandrake 7.2)

Any ideas, what may have changed since then with regards to color allocation?

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk
Enterprise Resource Providers