getting text from an entry box

I have a gtk text entry box that I would like to use to get information
from a user in a gnome druid app. I am using the following:

  config_data = g_list_append (config_data,
gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry1)));

to get the data from the entry box 'entry1' and put it into the GList
config_data. config_data also contains data from several combo boxes, but
when I print the contents of the list, no matter what order I inserted the
data from entry1, there is always a blank line in the place of data that
was entered. I'm pretty new to gtk/gnome programming so the problem may be
obvious but I'm at a loss here. Any ideas or suggestions??

Regards,

Jeremy Savoy

Linux Admin
IBM - Retail Store Solutions