people having problem with repaints / threads

Hello,

I had a problem with a multi-threaded GTK application. I wanted to show/hide gtk
widgets from a thread different from the one running gtk_main.
The symptoms were:
- the gtk_widget_hide(window) wouldn't work until I move the mouse pointer
  onto the window
- in the next calls to gtk_widget_show/hide functions, nothing would happen.

Then, after calling gtk_widget_show/hide, I added gdk_flush and everything
started to work properly.
Hope this helps some people here I heard describing similar problems

Vincent