Re: more on re-draw at end of re-size (backing store)

GTK 2 is constantly creating pixmaps for the
backing store, on resizes and in many other cases. There's no point
trying to put in hacks to avoid pixmap creation, if nothing else all
your work will be pointless for GTK 2 since GTK will create pixmaps
behind your back. ;-)

Does that mean that it won't be possible to turn off backing store?
I'm two background pixmaps per image, one for the underlying image
and one for some decorations, and I don't think I'll have any use for
the default backing store.

Debby