Re: GDK bug

Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang contre com> writes:
I have tried to connect the "expose-event" signal of my window to the
callback in charge of the resizing and it seems the signal isn't
emitted until the window is obscured and "unobscured" by another
one.

It should be emitted when the window first comes onscreen as well.
It won't be emitted on all window resizings, no, if you want that
you're right to use configure_event. The reason I mention expose_event
is that according to the X docs, you are not allowed to draw on a
window until you've received an expose.

Using "configure-event", it works perfectly. This is logical, since
the configure-event is emitted when the window is configured by the
window manager (isn't it?) and expose-event is emitted when an aera of
the widget has to be repainted after being covered by another
window.

configure_event is emitted whenever a window's size or position
change, for any reason.

expose_event is emitted when a previously-obscured area becomes
exposed, including when the window is first mapped (since it was
obscured while unmapped).

But is it really useful to have a signal for it ?

No, not really. It's one of those weird historical things from
pre-1.0.

Havoc