User dialog within a callback function

Hallo,

how can I call a user dialog  like  dialog_new  widget
with in a running callback routine. If I set up the dialog widget
it is shown and has controll only after I closed the callback and
the system is back in the main gtk loop. But I want to wait in the
first callback of the answer user dialog to decide what to do in
in this callback. So the question ist how to force to show and manage
a window widget direct. Can I open in the callback a second gtk_main()
loop and when closing the dialog  cancel the second loop with
gtk_main_quit().
Who has any idee how to solve such sycron dialogs.

Best Regards
Günther
--
R=I+S  Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH