Re: Questions about GtkHButtonBox

    Werner> Hi, (1) right away: is there a possibility that I can convince a
    Werner> GtkHButtonBox to make its child buttons not all the same width? Or
    Werner> could I -- after the buttons are created and added -- change
    Werner> (=reduce) their width? If so how could I do this best taking into
    Werner> account that the font may be different some time (so not to
    Werner> hardcode a width in pixels)?

I think your best bet might be to use a GtkHBox.  If you pack the buttons in,
they are sized to fit their individual contents as opposed to all being made
the same size.

I for one feel that having all the buttons the same size looks nicer -- I
don't get distracted with the visual changes produced by different size
buttons.  This is of course a personal opinion.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson