Re: Game loop with Gtk.

G'Day !

Eric Harlow covers the subject pretty nicely in his book.  He then gives you a
demo program using the old defender game as an example.

I keep losing the URL  :-(    It's a really great reference, I wish the link on
the GTK+ home page would be fixed.  (hint, hint  :-)

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    Mark Hannah

                    <mhannah_mail yahoo co u        To:     gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

                    k>                              cc:

                    Sent by:                        Subject:     Game loop with Gtk.

                    gtk-app-devel-list-admin

                    @gnome.org

                    11/17/00 06:21 AM

Does anyone have any advice on using GTK to write a
game style loop using Gtk?

What is the best type of widget to use for images?
Canvas items? Pixmaps? Pixbufs?

How do I achieve double buffering? How do I move
images around the screen as smoothly and fast as
possible?

Thanks.