[gthumb-list] Black background

Gthumb seems to be the best image manager with some simple editing included, but why on earth can't I change the background to black? it is now dark gray. All other image viewers have black backgrounds by default, which in fullscreen mode really is the only good looking option (imho) .. I have tried this:

dconf-editor

browse to org -> gnome -> gthumb -> image-viewer and check the black-background option.

Unfortunately I don't have that option in my dconf. I'm running manjarolinux with xfce4 and gthumb version 3.2.8

Thank you.