Re: [gthumb-list] web albums and roadmap

It would be interesting to know if there is some missing feature that
you'd like to see in version 2.12

Great stuff, Paolo. Thanks for all your open source work!

My main concerns:

1. Raw-photo handling is not great. Using dcraw is not very satisfactory (being an external program), and I'm not sure if much is happening with libopenraw.

http://www.libraw.org/ looks like an interesting alternative. It appears to be a library-oriented rewrite of dcraw. Perhaps it should be preferred, with fallbacks to dcraw or libopenraw.

2. Does tagging/categories/catalog work for people? I don't use those features at all, but I know others on this list have offered a number of suggestions in the past. Is it working for you?

Minor concerns:

3. The properties dialog in the sidebar could be improved, to show things other than the exif metadata (like a histogram, geolocation info, etc). But I think that was the longterm plan anyway...

4. It would be nice to have a geolocation extension for 2.12.0, for reading or adding geolocation metadata, and displaying it on a map in a nifty way. But that would be lots of work, no doubt.

Optimizations:

5. Folder loading can still be sluggish. It would be nice to speed that up wherever possible.

- Mike