Re: patch for improved control

Hi Emmanuel, thanks for replying!

> These changes give a clear advantage over other clients, some people
> will see this as a cheat. Blocktrix has a similar feature to move a
> piece directly to the left most or right most column. This behavior can
> be disabled by the server, it ensures everyone play on equal grounds.
> http://blocktrix.awardspace.com/d162l5.html

I never really used any of the windows clients, but I knew Blocktrix had
basically the same features (just implemented differently), which is why I
assumed it's OK.  I didn't know it could be disabled by the server.

In my opinion the game should be about clever play, not struggling with
the controls.  You can get an advantage if you set your keyboard to repeat
very fast with small delay, but that's silly and impractical.  I think
clients should have as many positioning keys as they want.

I'll just leave it to individual conscience whether to use the patch or
not.

Regards,
Jan