Re: Adding new metadata

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 18:15 +0000, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to add some new metadata key mostly to handle some EXIF
> property available on pictures. Here is the list of what I would like to
> support :
> 	   - camera model
>            - original resolution
>            - date taken
>            - orientation
>            - flash usage
>            - exposure time
>            - original size (XResolution/YResolution)
>
> Some of these properties are quite specific. How would you like to see
> them appear in Grilo ? :
> 	- exposed in the core as well as already available properties ?
> 	- private to one plugin ?

Being EXIF properties, and thus a standard, I would add them to core. I
don't see them specific to a plugin, but useful for any plugin that can
return photos (like Flickr).

> In the second case, how should the corresponding value be retrieved ?
> Calling grl_media_source_metadata () with keys parameter being NULL ?

If you know the key name (let's say "camera-model"), you can ask the
register for the key, and then use it in source_metadata() function.

GrlKeyID camera_model = grl_plugin_registry_lookup_metadata_key
(registry, "camera-model");

GList *ask_keys = grl_metadata_key_list_new (GRL_METADATA_KEY_TITLE,
GRL_METADATA_KEY_AUTHOR, camera_model, NULL);

metadata_key(source, ..., ask_keys, ...);

	J.A.