Plugins' info in XML

Hi,

Together with Juan I've been figuring out how to have a more flexible
way to set plugins' information.
By information I mean the id, name, description, author, ... that is
exported from each plugin.

The current way is not very flexible in the way that it uses a defined
structure that is populated with this info.

Using GObject properties could be an option but then one would have to
have the plugins instantiated to retrieve the info and, for example, one
might wanna show the description of each available plugin before loading
it.

So, we came up with the idea of using an XML file that is associated
with a plugin and holds a number of optional information.
This XML would live in the same folder as the plugins and have its
correspondent plugin's name but with the "xml" suffix.

This info would be loaded and inserted into a hashtable before loading a
plugin.

I'm doing the changes to enable this behavior, if anyone has any
suggestions/observations, feel welcome to share them.

Cheers,

--
Joaquim Rocha