Gnumeric not working after upgrade to Xubuntu 13.10

I have posted the following in Ubuntu forums and got no reply.

"

Gnumeric not working after upgrade to Xubuntu 13.10

I have just upgraded to Xubuntu 13.10 from 13.04.

When I click on a .gnumeric file to open it Gnumeric fails to open and gives an error message "/home/username/Documents/xyz.gnumeric - no such file". In this message username is not my real user name so the path to the file is incorrect.

When I open Gnumeric from the menu it comes up OK but if I try to open a file from within Gnumeric the program just closes without any error message.

Before upgrading I have used Gnumeric extensively for years and never had any problem with it.

TIA

Alan
"

and...

"

Re: Gnumeric not working after upgrade to Xubuntu 13.10

Exactly the same thing is happening after I upgraded from Kubuntu 13.04 to 13.10

Does anyone have any suggestions? If I am posting to the wrong forum would someone please advise me.

TIA

Alan

"

Can anyone help me please?