Gnumeric Python: get position of the current selected cell

Hello, I searched a very long time (in googge and examples), but I didn't find out, how to retrieve the
position (for example A2) of the current selected or "active" cell. I only found about ranges, but no single
cell selected.

I need it for my ui plugin to fill the current selected cell with a certain value.

My question is: how can I get the position of the current selected cell? ;)

many thanks in advance