File Type order on Save Dialog Box

I am using gnumeric for a browser based app that is specifically works on csv files.
After reading all the discussions about saving csv files without prompting a save dialog box I came to a conclusion that the best option for me is to make CSV the default/first option on the dilaog box.

I found several threads explaining making Excel the default option by altering the default_saver_priority in gnumeric/1.8.2/plugins/excel/plugin.xml higher than any others'.
My problem is there is no CSV under plugins folder. So I cannot set the priority for CSV.

This documentation page states that the csv is supported by the core gnumeric program.
http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/doc/file-format-csv.shtml

Could someone point me to right direction (possibly what file to edit) on how to make CSV the first option on the File Type dropdown in the Save File dialog box?

Thanks,
Iqram