Handling of quote characters in ssconvert

Hi,
I want to use ssconvert to convert different types of spreadsheets to csv files for import into a sql database. The problem I have is that when there is fields with a single or double quotes in they turn up unescaped. Also "\" would be an issue. I have started looking for a tool to pre-process the csv files but it would be very nice if ssconvert had an option for doing this in one step. Would it be possible to tell ssconvert which characters to escape?