Re: Gnumeric on Maemo OS2008 (Nokia N810)

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Hamish Good <Hamish Good njwfm com> wrote:
Hi,

Hi Hamish,

After some searching I found that a previous version of Gnumeric had been
ported to the Nokia N800. I attempted to use this distribution against the
newer tablet with the newer OS and found that it wouldn't install.

Has anybody been able to get hold of a distribution that will install on the
newer tablet or indeed go the currently available distro to work on the
newer tablet? If so please can you tell me how?

Gnumeric is available for the latest device software (OS2008) in the
maemo extras-devel repository. To enable it follow these steps:

1) Open the Application Manager
2) On the App. Manager Menu, select Tools -> Application catalogue
3) On the dialog that opens, click on  "New" button
4) On the next dialog type in the fields:

Catalogue name: Maemo extras-devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel
Components: free non-free

Leave the Distribution field empty. When you close both dialogs,
refresh the application list and Gnumeric should appear in you list of
installable applications.

Best Regards, Etrunko.

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima