Re: Several questions

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 05:24:40 pm chase321 wrote:
1)  Whenever I post a spreadsheet on my web page with a .gnumeric or .gnum
file extension, the browsers (both IE and Firefox) give me a "File not
found" error.  As far as I can tell, this is true for any file with those
file extensions.  If I save it as an Excel file, there's no problem, except
that it opens by default in Excel, which I would like to avoid.  What
gives? Is this a problem with the server?

Yes this is a problem with the server.  Web servers report a "mime type" for
every application that browsers use to determine what application to use for
the file.   A pretty good discussion of troubleshooting this problem can be
found at:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Properly_Configuring_Server_MIME_Types

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
The trick is to stop thinking it as 'your' money.

IRS auditor