ssconvert help needed - new features? (plain text export)

Hello, I need some help ;)
Using Gnumeric or another program I want to achieve the following:

_without_ user interaction:
        traverse a whole directory (and eventually the subdirs)
        and
        export and save every single 'xls' (M$ Exel Spreadsheet) file found as
a separate tab delimited plain text  file.

It is important that every sheet in every 'xls'-file produces a separate
text file,
so that if I have 10 xls-files consisting of one sheet each and 10 xls-
files consisting of two sheets each,
I end up with 30 text files!

It is important too, that the field separator in the output files is a
'\t' (tab) or '!' (exclamation mark),
but _not_ space (' ') or comma (',')!

I know there is a nice program distributed with Gnumeric, which does
something like that, but it was not able
to do exactly that I want a year or so ago :(, so I have to bet a friend
of mine to do that under M$ Windows (shame on me)

Is that possible now?

Thanks a lot for your attention!
--
Peter Kostov, webdesigner, photographer