Re: cant install gnumeric 1.5.2 on debian

wen said:
I would like to install gnumeric 1.5.2 from source on my debian box.
It's a mixed sarge/etch system.

When running configure i get:

checking for GNUMERIC_LIBS...
configure: error: Package requirements (
       glib-2.0                >= 2.6.0
       gobject-2.0             >= 2.6.0
       gmodule-2.0             >= 2.6.0
       libgsf-1                >= 1.12.1
       libgoffice-1            >= 0.0.2
       libxml-2.0              >= 2.4.12
       pango                   >= 1.8.1
       pangoft2                >= 1.8.1

       gtk+-2.0                >= 2.6.0
       libglade-2.0            >= 2.3.6
       libgnomeprint-2.2       >= 2.8.2
       libgnomeprintui-2.2     >= 2.8.2
       libart-2.0              >= 2.3.11
) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the GNUMERIC_CFLAGS and GNUMERIC_LIBS
environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.

->
I am sure I have at least most of these packages installed as i
successfully built gnumeric 1.5.1 from source (via apt-get build-deps
and apt-get -b source). I guess 1.5.2 wont have too many new
dependencies, so there must be something else i'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions?
Maybe
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:2401/cvs/gnome
(hit enter when it asks for a password)

%cvs co goffice
%cd goffice
%sh autogen prefix=/usr
%make && sudo make install
%cd ../gnumeric
and try again..?

Version numbers of those packages are also important. Did the line
previous to the first one you posted point out which dependency was
causing the trouble?

(Personally I find Sid really good for being able to compile cvs
gnumeric, much less hassle than trying to get the latest versions of all
the dependencies built using garnome or jhbuild)

--
Kind regards,
Hal Ashburner