Cell Indirect Reference Question

Greetings, List!

I have a cell indirect reference question.  I want to sum each instance
in a column of numbers where the same row has a certain value in a
different column.  After combing the list and the docs, I constructed
this formula:

=sumif($D$1:$D296,"="&$F5,$B$1:$B$296)

However, I have one more requirement.  :-)  I want to utilize the
contents of another cell to determine the end of the set of rows in the
SUMIF.  IOW, I want something like this:

=sumif($D$1:$D$&G3,"="&$F5,$B$1:$B$&G3)

where G3 contains the value of the last row to sum.  However, this
formula gets flagged as invalid.  I tried using the INDIRECT function
like so:

=sumif($D$1:$D&INDIRECT('G3'),"="&$F5,$B$1:$B$296)

but that also gets flagged as invalid.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

--Jason