Re: Is =concatenate("a",,a) valid?

With some inspection with
ROW(a), ROWS(a), COL(a), COLS(a), AREAS(a) it seems that a is:
A 1 column by 26 row region E13:E38

I am not sure which sheet it is on, but the pull location pull down does
not show anything on any of the sheets.

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 00:21 +0100, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
David Stanaway wrote:

I do not get this, I get #NAME? since a is undefined.

http://www.stanaway.net/~david/gnumeric/concatenate-a-a.png

On a fresh sheet I also get #NAME?

Possibly a region is aliased a, or some other magic.

Thx, I will investigate this.

It happend during expanding the test cases of
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/func-tests/textfuns.xls
after copying & pasting, creating new sheets, editing in Gnumeric/Linux,
OO/WinXP, XL etc. I wonder, if it is some magic, because it did similar
crazy things with b or c, and opening the sheet with Gnumeric or OO
showed the expected errors.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer