Re: HP 5550 and Duplex

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 01:08, Thierry Thévoz wrote:
Owen Taylor a écrit :

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:44 +0200, Thierry Thévoz wrote:

Hello,

I'm running CUPS with a HP 5550 printer. it is configured and running
properly.

Only one thing is disturbing me : evolution print dialog insists that
Duplex is selected by default.
Duplex default in CUPS is off (and everywhere else also).

How can I setup libgnomeprint, so that Duplex is disabled by default?

If you change what the ppd file says for your printer, that will
change the default.

Hi Thierry,

I think Owen wanted to say that this would change the default if there
wasn't a bug in gnome_print_cups_adjust_settings. A short look into that
function makes it clear that currently gnome-print will always start out
with a default of duplex/notumble. Whatever you are doing with the ppd
file. It's only a copy and past bug in that the wrong option identifier
is used. It isn't clear to me though what the correct one should be.
Please file a bug in bugzilla.

Thanks

Andreas

Thank you for your help!

I also had tried to edit my printer's PPD file. I removed the whole
section regarding duplex support. Unfortunately, this had no effect on
the print dialog. The duplex options were always displayed (for this
printer, generic print and PDF print), not sure why.

Does libgnomeprint cache some information, or are the printer's
capabilities always queried dynamically from CUPS and the PPD file? What
happens if no duplex section exists?
Anyway, I will try once more to change th PPD file. Just to be sure...

I thank you in advance, and I wish you a good day!
Thierry

--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyr Sheps