Re: Configure and make, basic question

I would configure gnumeric to live in /usr/local (that's the
default). I'd set PKG_CONFIG_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH like this:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib

(If this isn't right for your setup, I trust that you'll be able to
tell.)

I'd also remove the devel-package for libgsf if that's possible, and
I'd definitely make sure that there are no .la files for libgsf on the
system.

Hope this helps

Jon Kåre