Re: problems building 1.20

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 18:27, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 04:59:15PM +0100, Marco Craveiro wrote:
Hello Gnumeric'ers,

I'm sure someone has asked this before but I just can't find it in the
archives. I've dowloaded 1.20 but configure fails because it can't find
libgsf 1.8.1. I have got Ximian Desktop installed and that comes with
1.7.x so I went and dowloaded 1.8.1 (RPM). I then re-ran configure but
it still complains about libgsf's version. If I ls /usr/lib, I can see
1.8.1 there. How can I make configure see it?

Many thanks!

Marco
PS: I would appreciate if you please CC me as I am not on the mailing
list.

Do you have the -devel package installed ?

Ximian Desktop 2 has versions of libgsf and gnumeric-1.1.20

thanks for your prompt reply. from my understanding, the libgsf that
comes with XD2 is 1.7.1, and gnumeric requires 1.1.20...

my mistake was to try to install them side by side. i then uninstalled
the libgsf of XD2 (as its only needed by mrproject, i think) and
installed both libgsf and libgsf devel. compilation was then successful.
btw, gnumeric 1.1.20 is very nice.

Cheers,

Marco