Text import dialog

Hi,

I plan to work on the text import dialog, especially on the preview
area.

I've identified the following bugs:

  - (very) slow scrolling when importing big file.
  - font is not monospace, which renders column marking in fixed columns
mode hard.
  - no way to select multiple columns for format selection (bug 108984).

Before starting, I want to know if someone has already started a similar
work, and if someone has some thoughts or advices regarding enhancement
to this dialog.

        Emmanuel.