Re: [patch] Sleeping cells, correction

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 12:41:08PM +0200, Floris Kraak wrote:

It seems I send out the wrong patch for sleeping cells so
I am sending you the correct one now.
hmm, an interesting idea.
Definitely not fodder for 1.0 though.

+     if (cell_is_sleeping (cell) ) {
+             if (cell->base.sheet->workbook->update_sleeping == FALSE) {
minor style nit.
Avoid comparing to literal TRUE/FALSE.  It can fail depending on how
the flags are stored.

+                     return TRUE;
+             }
+     }
+     else if (cell->base.sheet->workbook->update_only_sleeping == TRUE) {
+             return TRUE;
+     }

+cell_is_sleeping(Cell const *cell)
+{
+     return mstyle_get_content_sleeping(cell_get_mstyle(cell));
 }
ouch this gets expensive.  The quad tree makes style lookups fast,
but still not something you want to do 1M times.

The main question in my mind is why/how this would be useful.
The notion of a spreadsheet with _partially_ incorrect values is a
little scary.