Re: cell movement using Tab/Rtn

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:26:51PM -0500, joshua lambert wrote:
I would like to switch from using Excel to Gnumeric but cannot find a
specific feature I use very often.  In Excell, if I enter data in cell
A1, press Tab, enter data in B1, and then press enter; cell A2 is
highlighted and ready to type.  In Gnumeric the same keystrokes take me
to B2.  Is there an alternate key that can get me to A2?
Hmm, no.  Implementing this should be pretty easy, but it is clearly
a heuristic of some form.  We'd need to understand when to apply it
and exactly what it does.

If you could experiment a bit and submit a write up to
    bugzilla.gnome.org
it would get implemented pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Jody