Re: Text paste import with UTF8

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 01:06:41PM +0000, I wrote:
http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

Gnumeric's behaviour is pretty far from everything else in this regard.
It doesn't seem to use the CLIPBOARD at all, but instead menu operations
like Copy/Cut put things into PRIMARY which is meant only for the current
selection and quickly gets overwritten when a power user is at work.

Did anything happen about this? I can't CVS HEAD for a while yet, so if a
patch was applied then please put me out of my misery.

I can see the attraction of being able to paste PRIMARY into Gnumeric in
some form (especially to take advantage of the text importer) but that
should not be the default and only action.

Nick.