Import suggestion

To whom it may concern:

    I have a couple of suggestions for gnumeric import...

    1)  I import a number of text reports from our AIX system.  Our
application programs generally format numbers with commas and TRAILING
signs.  This seems to confuse the import into treating the fields as
text.

    2) When importing CSV files, why not treat fields beginning with "="
as formulas (as if they had been typed at the keyboard).  It seems
unlikely that this would cause a problem with importing of most data and
would allow me to embed simple formulas in my application output to be
read into a spreadsheet without resorting to XML.  Is there a down side
to this that I am not seeing?

Thanks for listening,

Gary Walborn
gwalborn bright com