Re: short minute of meeting at guadec

In my personal experience i use speadsheets for simple sorting, and
search and replace and i suspect this is what most people unfamiliar with
scripting languages do.
I also use a speadsheet as a simple flatform database, sometimes using
multiple (linked) sheets instead of seperate database tables.  I'll bet
this has been discussed by the Gnumeric people before, so if there is not
already one i think i should volunteer to write a tutorial to users
suggesting how to do this and why they probably dont really need a real/ms
proprietary database.
Such a tutorial would be quite useful.  The docs folk would love to
have more task oriented content.
Wow!  What a nice idea!  Jody, is this even possible? >Regardless, I say
"do it".  I don't have the time to do this though.  I >am busy with
Ximian and schoolwork.  Finals are right around the corner, >so we all
know what this means!  Would someone be able to bugzilla this? It was
Alan's idea.  Alan you've got the go ahead. If you write it, we will

This would be absolutely fabulous.  I've converted several people from
Win32 to GNOME/Linux,  but the one thing most of them complain about it
application integration.  Some way to get data from/into/across apps in at
least a quasi-automated fashion, short of writting C code, would be *SO*
appreciated.  Gnumeric lets one use GDA (from gnome-db) which is good
(gnumeric using an outside data source) but some way to use Gnumeric as
the data source would make it perfect.  A GDA provider for gnumeric?

Does gnumeric have a server mode (sort of like galeon does)?  Where one
can pass it operations, etc... without opening a GUI window?  Or does
bonobo provide this sort of functionality?

I'm very sorry I can't help with such things, but I'm just a lowly
sys-admin.  I am maintaining the "Database access with Linux" presentation
- ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/dbaccess.pdf however, in my attempt to
do something useful.

I've also written
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/KerberosV-v3.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/PerfTune2001.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/TCPIP.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/rdbms.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/KCC-Networking-Jan2002.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/pam_and_nss.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/printing2001.pdf
ftp://kalamazooolinux.org/pub/pdf/cvs.pdf

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS