Re: Navigation in Cell Using Arrow Keys

Andree Leidenfrost <aleidenf bigpond net au> writes:

I hope this is not a FAQ and has not been widely discussed before. At
least I haven't really found anything about this:

In fact this has been discussed here just the other day.

When double-clicking on a cell in Excel or Openoffice, you can use the
left and right arrow keys to move the cursor from characters to
character within the active cell. In gnumeric (0.64 Debian woody & 0.67
Debian potato both with Gnome packages from XIMIAN), one actually has to
click in the input field below the toolbar to get this behaviour.

This is what Jody said:

This would be a nice feature to add but we have not looked at it.
The current item-edit code will hopefully be replaced by pango and
support for editing will be added then.  It does not seem worth
while doing to much work on it until then.

--
Christian Egli
Acterna Zürich AG, Foerrlibuckstrasse 62, P.O. Box 74, CH-8037 Zuerich