Re: 0.69 build problem involving Evolution

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, R.K.Aa. wrote:

i can't make v.0.69 build. It terminates with:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `../idl/Evolution-Composer.h',
needed by `workbook-control-gui.o'.  Stop.

Same here, even after passing the --without-evolution flag to
configure. (Gnumeric 0.68 built just fine.)

One other mild grump.  The configure proces tells me my Guile is too
old, and gnumeric needs version >= 1.5.  A google search for guile
offers me the guile homepage at

 http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html

which in turn tells me the latest guile is available at

 ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile/

Well, the latest there is guile 1.4, of June 2000.  I suppose there's
a "secret" guile 1.5 somewhere...  Poking around ftp.gnome.org
I found a "gnome-guile" version 0.20, but this numbering scheme seems
orthogonal to the one in question, and installing the latter didn't
make the gnumeric configure process any more willing to enable guile.

Allin Cottrell.