Re: Planing to migrate from Tomboy to Gnote

Dear Aurimas!

Well, what happens if I call 'gnote --search' and 'gnote --search=/' is
a bit non-intuitive to me.

Here we go:

My keyboard shortcut is: 'sh -c "gnote --search"'
cmdline is: 'gnote --search'

If the setting 'always open notes in new window' is active:
x keyboard shortcut in main window => nothing happens
x keyboard shortcut in note window => the note window becomes a main window
x cmdline with last active window main window => nothing happens
x cmdline with last active window note window => the note window becomes a main window
If the setting 'always open notes in new window' is deactivated:
x keyboard shortcut in main window => nothing happens
x keyboard shortcut in note window => the note window becomes a main window
x cmdline with last active window main window => nothing happens
x cmdline with last active window note window => a main window opens (***)

Again the behaviour changes if I use 'gnote --search=/' in shortcut and
on cmdline.

But none of the options gives me what I am looking for.
Closest I get is the line above marked by (***).

I am looking for this:
In an open note window I would like to have a keyboard shortcut that
opens the already open main window and presents me with a search
prompt.  If there is no 'already open main window' I would like gnote
to open a new main window.  So the open note-windows remain open and I
do not get cluttered with main windows.

Any chance to get there?

my best
        Nicolas