Re: Need approve to committing

Hi,

That would be quite a large clean up in bugzilla, as well as some
great news with new release. BTW, when are we going to make one?

Perhaps you can commit to a different branch ?  I am not sure waiting
for approval makes sense when the primary maintainer seems busy to work
on it.  I would suggest playing an active role.

I see your point, but I don't think I agree with it.
The point is not to close bugzilla tickets, but to fix Gnote bugs. I don't see big difference between patch committed to different branch and patch submitted to bugzilla. I'd say the later is better, as bugzilla provides facilities for patch verification & approval.

Using different branch IMO is useful for long term work, such as adding synchronization support or migrating to GTK+ 3.0. BTW, I think there is sense in creating them. If I remember right, there is some initial code for the first one, and Bug 633215 can be used as start point for the later. What do you think?
--
Aurimas