[GnomeMeeting-list] Re. win32 binaries

>Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:29:52 -0700
>From: "George" <geboyd53 comcast net>
>Subject: [GnomeMeeting-list] win32 binaries
>
>I believe I have followed the instructions closely, but when I try to
>run the win32 ekiga,+I get an error neessage saying that it can't find
>the sdl.dll and quits.
>
>I also did a search for rhw sdl.dll and it,s not on my comouter. Where
>do I get it and
>+what do I do with it when I do?

Heh, heh .. I got it right on the third attempt and at the moment am
floundering with a full-duplex problem on Deb unstable.

Damien is right when he says that Ekiga-Win is stable 'enough'.
It has no alsa problems - audio is good - Help (F1), registration
and address book bugs are relatively minor, and Zfone is more developed
and works better than in Sid.

I totally messed up sdl.dll on my second attempt so I deleted
everything and re-installed before getting it right.

It can be downloaded from

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?sdl

which I think is better than

http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

prior to moving it into the Ekiga folder and launching 'ekiga.exe',
working through the Druid, registering, etc. One problem I had is that
it recognised the wrong network card .. but that differs on every
system. I owe the above to Julien Puyt's original post and advice ..

Adam Bogacki,
afb paradise net nz