[GnomeMeeting-list] full-duplex problem with USB headset

hi,

I have a full-duplex problem with my new USB headset.
I am running Debian GNU/Linux with kernel 2.6.15
on a laptop (Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook S7010).
The snd_usb_audio module is enabled (see lsmod below).
I have ALSA (alsa-base and alsa-utils installed).

when I run the Gnomemeeting configuration's druid,
it sees my USB headset.

If I select the USB headset for both input and output,
I receive an error message saying that :

The selected audio device (USB Headset) was successfully opened but it
is impossible to write data to this device. Please check your audio
setup.

I made several additional tests :

                     input                                  output
          sound card (microph)              USB headset         -> OK!
(talk and hear)
                USB headset               sound card (loudsp)    -> OK!
          sound card (microph)        sound card (loudsp)    -> OK!

I conclude the full duplex problem is due to the USB bus connection.

any hint on what's happening?

eric.

lsmod | grep snd
snd_usb_audio          63808  0
snd_usb_lib            12160  1 snd_usb_audio
snd_rawmidi            17696  1 snd_usb_lib
snd_seq_device          6284  1 snd_rawmidi
snd_hwdep               6432  1 snd_usb_audio
snd_intel8x0m          12684  5
snd_intel8x0           25372  0
snd_ac97_codec         79136  2 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0
snd_ac97_bus            1920  1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm                66824  6
snd_usb_audio,snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              17924  1 snd_pcm
snd                    39908  17
snd_usb_audio,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_hwdep,snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
usbcore                97156  6
snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,usbhid,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
soundcore               6880  1 snd
snd_page_alloc          7432  3 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm